Express transport operations support international trade across the whole economy. They are both time critical and cross-modal, with an extensive road and air network.
AICES sits on the DfT Freight Council and Freight Energy Forum, representing our members’ policy requirements for clean and efficient transport operations.
AICES members are making significant investments to reduce their environmental impact and increase efficiency. They are taking several steps to achieve this, including:
- Increased investment in zero emission final mile pick up and delivery, including electric vans and cargo bikes.
- Trialling and deploying low emission HGV technology including electric vehicles, and low carbon fuels such as biogas and hydrogenated vegetable oil (HVO)
- Investing in sustainable aviation fuel.
- Streamlining operations to increase efficiency and ensure the minimum number of vehicles and aircraft needed to deliver an effective service to customers.
Policy areas AICES is active on in the transport and environment space include:
- Aviation policy, including the regulation of night flights
- The implementation of the DfT’s Future of Freight Plan
- Vehicle regulation, including local schemes such as the Direct Vision Standard in London
- Ensuring clear regulation to enable investment in cleaner vehicles
- Ensuring that vehicle charging and refuelling infrastructure will be able to meet demand for the transition to net zero
For more information, please contact Amanda Zambon.